Being a true part of our community means supporting and hosting events, giving back where we can, profiling our region and being an advocate for innovation and advancement.
The Saint John Airport is proud to be a sponsor of major community organizations, events and activities, such as: P.R.O. Kids, Business Community Anti-Poverty Initiative (BCAPI), Imperial Theatre, Saint John Port Days, Saint John Sea Dogs, Saint John Riptide, Opportunities New Brunswick Export Awards, The New Brunswick Adoption Foundation, and Junior Achievement New Brunswick.
We love opening up the airport to the community. We host events like our annual Runway Run and Community Day, and we regularly offer tours to show people what we are all about. We are committed to fundraising as well, and the team here regularly supports local charities and engages in fundraising for the United Way and many more.
Saint John Airport: Corporate Donations Policy
The Saint John Airport Inc. is a community based, not-for-profit corporation serving the air travel needs of residents of southwestern New Brunswick. The airport (YSJ) is a key element in the economic and social development of the Greater Saint John region with an economic impact estimated at $68.7 million, with more than 480 jobs created directly and indirectly. The Saint John Airport reinvests all profits back into the airport and local communities.
The Saint John Airport is committed to the social and economic vitality of New Brunswick, especially within the Greater Saint John area that we call home. All projects or programs funded by the Saint John Airport must take place within the Greater Saint John metropolitan area that includes: The city of Saint John, the towns of Quispamsis, Rothesay, Grand Bay-Westfield, Hampton, Sussex, and the parishes of Simonds, Kingston, Hampton, Westfield, Upham, Musquash, Saint Martins, Greenwich, Lepreau, and Charlotte County.
The Saint John Airport’s funding is focused on supporting events & organizations that promote the following key focal areas:
• Tourism to the Greater Saint John area
• Economic growth and advancement of our region
• Environmental initiatives to green our local communities
• Community organizations that promote Arts & Culture, Sport, and Health & Wellness
• Innovation and Technology developed within our province
• Proposals that align with the Saint John Airport’s identified key focal areas.
• Organizations that are federally registered charities with the Canada Revenue Agency.
• Charitable organizations that provide direct community service.
• Conferences, seminars, or events that promote tourism to the Greater Saint John area and yield positive economic impact for local business.
• Projects, programs and organizations that improve the well-being of the people within our community.
We do not fund:
• Individual pursuits
• Third-party organizations raising funds for charity
• Religious organizations, with the exception of secular activities open to those of all faiths, such as operating a shelter or group program, or unless the organization is engaged in a significant project benefitting the entire community
• Donations to political or advocacy groups, golf tournaments, private schools, pre-schools, elementary and high schools, student trips or tours
• Endowment or capital campaigns
• Charitable groups that are not registered with and approved by the Canada Revenue Agency
• Fundraising activities, including sponsorship of tables, contests, door prizes, raffles, auctions or advertising.
• Donations to groups whose operating areas are outside of Canada
To request a corporate donation, please click here for the appropriate request form.
The Saint John Airport commits to providing a response within four weeks of the request.