COVID-19 testing is now available to the travelling public at the Saint John Airport
Many International destinations require proof of a negative COVID-19 test result in order to enter the country. Passengers travelling to International destinations now have a convenient way to book an appointment for a COVID-19 test to be administered at the Saint John Airport.
The testing service is provided by Distribution Ad Valorem, and tests will be administered inside the airport terminal building by healthcare professionals.
The test site will be open 8am – 12pm Monday – Friday and Saturday - Sunday 6am - 10am for asymptomatic travellers only beginning Monday, October 18th, 2021.
This service is not an airport or provincial government provided service but rather one offered by an independent 3rd party.
For more information or to book a COVID-19 test at the Saint John Airport visit www.distributionadvalorem.com or call (506) 638-5579.
Please check the testing requirements with the authorities in the destination country and the airline (s) before booking your testing.
SAFETY AND SECURITY HAS ALWAYS BEEN OUR TOP PRIORITY
(Last updated October 15, 2021)
When passengers return to the Saint John Airport for the first time, they will notice many changes that have been implemented in response to COVID-19 to ensure their health and safety. We believe it is our role and responsibility to prioritize the well-being of our passengers, visitors, employees, tenants, partners, and the Greater Saint John community.
The Saint John Airport is proud to be one of the first airports in New Brunswick to receive recognition of its health and safety measures through the Airports Council International (ACI) Airport Health Accreditation program. We’ve worked hard to receive this global accreditation. And we’ll continue working hard to reassure the travelling public that we are doing everything to ensure our airport is at the top of its game for health and safety – now, and in the future.
Before you take your next flight, watch this video on what to expect at YSJ
Here’s what passengers can expect when they take their next flight:
• Airport terminal access is now open to the public and masks are mandatory inside the secure areas of the terminal building. They are recommended in all other areas of the terminal.
• Physical touchpoints eliminated or minimized at check-in, boarding, and arrivals.
• Enhanced airport sanitation and cleaning of all surfaces throughout the airport terminal.
• Hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the airport terminal.
• Passenger processing will be as speedy and efficient as possible, while maintaining airport security as our top priority.
What to do before you leave for the airport:
• Prior to arrival at the airport, travellers are highly encouraged to check-in remotely using the airlines website.
• When packing, be prepared to check your luggage, as minimal baggage will be accepted in the cabin of the plane.
• Leave early. We recommend that you arrive at YSJ 90 minutes before your departure as the process of checking-in and boarding will take longer than normal due to safety measures.
Some services offered at the Saint John Airport are temporarily modified:
• Connections Bistro & Bar is temporarily closed. The YSJ Market (located post security) will be open 90-minutes before all departing flights.
• The child play area is temporarily closed.